Tuesday, July 19, 2011

To Master, to Serve, to Grow

No.. I'm not a fan of MGS, ok maybe i used to like MGS girls.. but that's not the point.. I think Pastor Alvin's sermon on Sunday struck a chord with me... especially cause for the past few weeks i've been struggling with knocking some gospel sense to a dead piece of wood...

Perhaps.. the part which struck me was when he reminded us that as we seek to master the word, we must let the word master us... and the result would really be in how we serve and how we grow.. What is growth then? I was saddened to hear to growth is tied so closely to the church.. in relation to the WOG. If it is the case, would not a person like me have the most growth? would not a professor have grown the greatest? Yet.. it is funny that not all Doctors... are Christians though they may teach the WOG.

Galatians 5:22-24 22 But athe fruit of the Spirit is blove, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, aself-control; against such things bthere is no law. 24 Now those who 1belong to aChrist Jesus have bcrucified the flesh with its passions and cdesires.

Don't get me wrong.. I ain't about to be all buddhist and all that but really if the word does not transform you... (romans 12:2) then whats the point? I was told that my church doesn't seem to be growing because its focused to simplisticly on loving neighbours and all that stuff.. but really

Galatians 5:13-14 13 For you were called to afreedom, brethren; bonly do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love cserve one another. 14 For athe whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "bYOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."

Without the transformation that comes from the word and the seeking after Christ, can we really grow to be more like him? to be in the image once more? or do you think without Christ we can simply love our neighbours... Christians are not about doing good deeds for our good deeds pale and our hearts are often unpure, yet when our hearts are changed we really can't help but want to see the good done, to see justice served out.

I'm just trying to grow here... to see some more of my life changed.. I'll stick with that.. Too much head knowledge leaves me not able to think about others...

No comments:

Post a Comment