Monday, June 20, 2011


I got know Lecrae from a long time back... but this was one of his earliest albums... It spoke to me a lot. Maybe cause I believe music shouldn't be about empty lyrics but this song is just so powerful, reminding me of my purpose and shares the struggles.. (See lyrics in bold) In an age where Christian music is so focused on self, where people sing the songs cause it helps to make them fill better, I believe we need to relook what it means to follow after Christ, to know who we are, and see not just worth but our identity that stems from us following after him. My fav verse is the last one..

I'm grateful that you know me if you send me i'll go
Lord I'm dyin to serve and I'm livin to know you

Lord erase me if I ever turned and lived for myself Cuz your glory's infinitely greater than my personal health
And Lord I know I'm not worthless you give me my worth But I know I'm not perfect to lolly the earth
And can't nobody do it like the way u do
Usin me and my whole crew to reach the world for you
And it's true they watchin everything that we do
Yeah its true that we're an illustration of you
I look at verse 26 in genesis chapter 1
It says I'm lookin like my daddy the more i follow the son
And the more i follow the son all my days look brighter Cuz he placed a hope within me got me feelin all excited
Got me feelin like a writer like B on the train (whatup BJ)
Standin up and tellin everybody Christ is King (Jesus)
If ya see me on the TV or the world wide web
Know that I be givin Christ da cred
I know why some people see me but I don't trip
I pray the Lord will keep me focused on a missional tip And use this music as a tool to get Christ inside of your dome
I can't just say it on the mic I gotta do it at home

May you be blessed to hear the words just as I heard them..

No comments:

Post a Comment